Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Finally.....

I'm starting something for my FYP. But, still doing trial and error. Having carbide steel tool to mill stainless steel block is a headache because of it's strength and hardness. Can't even increase the depth of cut to 0.2mm, which is very very small already. Smoke came out, and its red hot temperature. I saw the tool turned red when the milling tool is going through the surface. That is dangerous that the tool might break half way of milling~

Eh? Why am I writing this? Never mind~ :D I'm happily explain here because I doing something today for my FYP. ^-^

I'm quite happy, at the same time stress. All the time of the milling, the friction producing screeching sound. This is what I'm scared of because the workshop technician might scold me or something.

But it went well and I've collected the samples. Colour changes for the chip and can be shown in the presentation.

Somehow I don't think I can get good results for my FYP. But, anyway I'll just leave it to God. I'll do my best and do what I can. Stressful and final year. :)

Weekend go jalan-jalan with the ConneXion gang. Photo shooting ~ Yeah!

*updates: DSLR is no longer with me and no photo shooting already. Sad....*

No comments: